Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Integration registration fail

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Google Integration registration fail

I am running Act 2012 and am having an issue with Google Integration. Google Integration was working fine for me until I recently created a new Google account to connect to. I removed access permissions from the old Google account, and now I cannot re-establish permissions on either the new or old account.

On clicking the Register... button in the Google Integration Preferences window I see the Google authorization page asking if access is allowed, but if I click Allow Access I get a message similar to:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You have successfully granted anonymous access to your Google Account. You can revoke access at any time under 'My Account'.

To complete the process, please provide anonymous with this verification code: *******************************************.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Does anyone know what I should do with the verification code?

There are no buttons or links on the page other than the Google account settings  in the top right and the window does not close until I close it (via red cross). No access is granted under Authorized Access to your Google Account in Account settings.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Is this a change to Google that renders Act Google Integration useless?

FYI I have 2-step verification in Google disabled.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author harevycraig73
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Google Integration registration fail 2012

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

The hotfixes are available now.

For 2012 SP1 (Pro/Premium, Web), please use this link: http://cdn.act.dlm.swiftpage.com/2953/act2012sp1hf7.exe

For 2012 SP2 (Web-only), please use this link: http://cdn.act.dlm.swiftpage.com/2954/act2012sp2hf5.exe

Damien Park
Swiftpage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Google Integration registration fail

I'm afraid I haven't got the answer to this but I'm experiencing the same error as you. After 30 minutes to customer services I am still none the wiser. Act! weren't aware of this problem, they are now, however, I was told it could be a change in Google's security settings this may or may not be rectified in the next update....My first experience of the Swiftpage customer service has not been a good one!

Nickel Super Contributor

Thank you for the post. 

We are aware of this issue, and currently looking into into it to determine what has changed in the way Google now autheticates third party applications and the appropriate solution.

Amanda

I am having the exact same issue when attempting to integrate with google.  I am running ACT! Premium 2013 on a Windows 7 machine.  I also tried it o a WIndows 8 machine and had the same outcome. 

Copper Contributor

A KB article was made for this issue http://spkb-external.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36152 

"Solution Unknown, this issue is under investigation" 

I would like to know if this is resolved in Act!16 

Thanks,
Inge van Gemert
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Netherlands
inge@inkey.net
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Inge, 

This is not an Act version specific issue. v16, the product, is not tied to this issue. This was caused by a change in the Google authentication process.

We are currently working on a solution for all supported versions of Act, ie: v14, 15 and 16..

Thanks,

Amanda

Copper Contributor

Same issue. I'm running Act 2013 on Windows8 and using Chrome as my PC browser. Problem just started recently.

Bronze Super Contributor

Uhhh,

WHERE are we at with this?

This new "two step" verification process seems to permanently broken google integration!

KB has not been updated!
Best Regards,
Terry Williams
TMW Consulting
Sacramento, CA
tmwilli@tmwconsulting.net
916 396-4302

Just purchased Act2013 Premium just becuase it supposedly integrates with Gmail, contacts, and calendar. And now plainly put, it DOES NOT!..  My company needs the integration.. I hope this gets resolved soon or I just wasted my money on this purchase. Ugh.. ACT!, please fix this ASAP..

Regards,

Rob F.

Rockingham Expo

Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Rob,

Try this Hotfix http://download.act.com/hotfix/ACT16HF1.exe

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org