Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Integration record history fails

Google Integration record history fails

Hello all,

I have a problem that even Tier 2 techs with swift page are having issues with. I recently upgraded to Act 19. I use Google integration to record emails only. When I first boot the pc up, integration works fine. After a bit of time (maybe half an hour), the scheduled autointegration quits working. When I try "Record History" I get a pop-up message Act Integration failed. To get integration to work again, I then either have to re-boot  the pc or close Act Integration & restart. it That doesn't always work.

I have created an exception in my Eset firewall to allow Act integration in case there was interference there and tried everything swift page has recommended. Anyone have an idea what I can do?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Administrator

Re: Google Integration record history fails

Hi Steve,

Please could you let us know what the exact error message is that appears when the record history action fails?
How often are you scheduling the automatic history recording?

There is no error message. When viewing the sync history, the column for errors is all 0's. I have been working with level 2 at swift page for several days and found out this morning that there is a problem with Google for business & Act integration. They're supposedly working on a fix that should be part of the next update.

Administrator

Ahh, are you using a gsuite account with a non @gmail.com email domain?

Yes. Have you run into this before? Do you have any light to shine on the subject?

I just learned of the issue this morning after spending many hours on the phone trying to get it resolved. If any of the techs had told me up front there was an issue, I would have gladly waited until the update. Guess they just enjoyed chatting with me. Smiley Happy

Administrator

Hi spierce,

I can't say it's an issue I've ever seen before. There is currently a known issue with G Suite accounts and calendar syncing, where this isn't working reliably for non @gmail.com domains (logged as defect D-05222), however the behaviour you are seeing where the history recording is working temporarily and then stops, is unusual as I'd expect it to not work at all if there was an issue with the account. It's not outside the realms of possibility though.

It would be worthwhile testing the history recording feature with another Google account on the same PC, one that ends in @gmail.com. This would help us narrow down the issue.
Another possibility is that there is an email in the Google account inbox that is causing the history recording to fail unexpectedly. How far back are you recording history from in the integration preferences?

Thanks, Gary! I do have another gmail account I could try to integrate when I get some extra time, As you can imagine, this has turned into a second job working with Swift Page and all that entails. Each tech I have worked with has tried very hard to fix the problem (even returning calls when they told me they would). As to your question about how long I'm trying to record history, under the scheduling preferences, the start date is 5/1/17.

I'll post again if I resolve this issue. Thanks again for your support.