Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Integration problem

Copper Contributor

Google Integration problem

Hi guys, I'm using Act! Premium Version 16.3.11.0 and have had the Google Calendar Integration working OK since the fixes etc., about a year or so ago. Used to get the odd duplicate but not really a problem. I've tidied up the database etc. but have now run into a problem. with activities being deleted. To try and solve this I've done the following:- 1. Created a new copy of the database, re-indexed, check & repair etc. 2. Deleted all activities in my Google Calendar 3. Deleted all files in the Google Sync Metadata Folder. When I perform the first Google Integration Sync everything appears OK and activities are added to the Google Calendar, however when I look in the Google Sync History there are errors:- "Non-static method requires a target" & Call Stack "at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.CheckConsisten​cy(Object target)" plus others. When I perform a second Google Integration Sync all ACT activities are removed, the activities in Google Calendar remain. Obviously I've set in Integration preferences to Keep ACT! activities if both are changed. Any ideas?? Thanks, Charles

Re: Google Integration problem

The only reason that an activity should be deleted from Act! during synchronization is if there's an activity which previously synchronized between the two, but was manually deleted from Google, but that doesn't sound like what you're experiencing. I can't say that I've ever encountered or heard of this particular issue before. 

I know you mentioned creating a new copy of the database, but as a test, what happens if you create a brand new database and a brand new Google account and set it up? 

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Copper Contributor

Hi Else,

I'll try with a new database and another Google account, but obviously I want to use my main Google account.

Why are the activities being deleted in ACT! anyway as I've set the preferences to "keep the ACT! activity"?

"keep the ACT! Activity" does not mean that if a synchronized activity is deleted from the Google calendar that it will stay in Act!. It means that if you make a change to an activity that synchronizes between Act and Google in Act!, then (without synchronizing) make a different change to the same Activity in Google (or vice versa), that the change that was made in Act! will be the change that is kept, regardless of which change occurred first.\

Activities which are deleted from the Google calendar, but synchronize with Act! will be removed from Act! if Delted from Google.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com