Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Driving Directions

Bronze Contributor

Google Driving Directions

I've noticed recently that under the Web Info Tab and selecting Google Driving Directions that the route is not highlighted nor is information displayed on the left panel.

While I never discount the fact that I could have done something, has anyone else seen this?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Google Driving Directions

Hi John,

I'm getting the same but it shows correctly if I Open Browser.

What's changed??

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Bronze Contributor

Anyone else having this same problem?  Could it have anything to do with Windows 8?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Astute Commentator

[ Edited ]

We just upgraded from ACT 2011 to ACT 2013 and are now having this problem.

Our office computers range from XP with IE 8(?) to Windows 7 with IE 10 (which I found out is supporting JavaScript 1.3), but yes the panel works fine when clicking on the Open Browser button.

Mapquest and Bing do not use the search parameters in the actual URL, so we can't use that as an alternative work around.

Google is starting the "new Maps" thing, but I don't think that is the issue here.

It's not an IE Javascript problem because the Web Info tab and the opened browser IE window are both running the same JavaScript version ( http://javatester.org/javascript.html )

So is there an ACT behind the scenes setting that limits or otherwise is breaking a javascript part in the web info tab??