Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Contact Integration Failed

Google Contact Integration Failed

I am using ACT 2012 Pro and need to sync my contacts with Google.  It worked a year ago when I first set up the Sage ACT! Google Integration access.  I have been reading the KB about solutions and nothing has worked so far.  When I select Google Intergration from ACT the program checks the ACT database than checks the Google database and then gives me an error message Sage Integration failed.  I deleted the metadata files per the KB article but that didn't help.  I even revoked permssion through my Google account and reestablished permission.  I do not have, or can't find, ACTDiag on my computer so I don't know what else can be done.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Google Contact Integration Failed

Google changed the way that they integrate with other applications.  The new method wasn't supported in Act! 2012 and since Act! 2012 is no longer supported it is unlikely that it will be updated to work with the new integration.  You will need to upgrade to a newer version of Act!.  There are still some issues with integrating with Google in the newer versions but they are working on them and hopefully they will be fixed soon.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Telling me to buy that latest program and it still might not work is a tough pill to swallow.  I guess I need to look at other contact management programs.  Without any real support except for the few days after buying the latest program it is difficult to stay loyal.  I've been using ACT since the early 90's but this is tough.

Silver Super Contributor

I understand.  The other option is to purchase a 3rd party product like CompanionLink to sync with Google while the problems are resolve.  I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.  I can tell you that they are aware of the issues and are working on them.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

I am also having trouble with sync'ing contacts with Outlook.  Same results.

Silver Super Contributor

I think that one was resolved with service pack 1 to Act! 2012.  If you aren't using the latest update to Act! 2012 give that a try and see if it helps.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

I already have the all updates for the program.  I will restart my computer but I have no idea why I can't get the integration to work.

Silver Super Contributor

This is a good place to start.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13826

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com