Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Calendar sending notifications Automatically. HELP!

Copper Contributor

Google Calendar sending notifications Automatically. HELP!

This all just started about a month ago.  I sync ACT! v16 to Google Calendar and Contacts via CompanionLink.

I have tasks assigned to my clients and now automatically Google Calendar is sending email notifications to the clients that have a task that I created.

I've goine into Google Calendar and turned off all notifications including email, text, etc. and it's still happening.

Any idea's???? It's becoming embarassing!

Re: Google Calendar sending notifications Automatically. HELP!

[ Edited ]

Are you synchronizing Act! to CompanionLink, then Companion Link to Google, and vice versa, or are you synchronizing Google to Act! using the built in Google integration, then synchronizing Act! to CompanionLink?

By design, Google will send a calendar invitation to anyone associated with an activity who has an email address, regardless of whether they exist in your Google address book. If you are synchronizing using the Google Integration that is built into the Act! program, we have made changes in our code in the v16, Service Pack 2 update that should keep from associating it in such a way that the invitation gets sent out. You can download the update by going to the following website, then choosing the version of v16 you have (Pro or Premium):

http://www.act.com/support/download-center/

However, if you are synchronizing Act! to CompanionLink, then CompanionLink to Google, this update may not make a difference as CompanionLink may or may not override how Act! will handle the calendar data on the back end. In that case you may need to contat CompanionLink for assistance.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Copper Contributor

Elisa;

Thank you for your answer.  Strange that this just started about 45 days ago.  I never had the problem before.

Just in case, I am updating from Hotfix 1 to Hotfix 2, just in case.

I was syncing from ACT! to Google direectly via CompanionLink.

Not the best answer, but the notificaitons were too embarassing so I'm now syncing from ACT! to DejaCloud (CompanionLinks app) via CompanionLink.

It takes care of the problem, but on the downside, there are so many apps that rely upon the native CONTACTS and CALENDAR that Google provides that I now have to work around ....

Bronze Super Contributor

The link should be:

http://www.act.com/support/download-center/

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org