Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Calendar not able to sync with ACT Pro 2012 version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 7 - sudden change in November 2014

Google Calendar not able to sync with ACT Pro 2012 version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 7 - sudden change in November 2014

When I go to sync my ACT Pro 2012 version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 7 with Google like I've done for the last several years, I get this error message: 

"Unable to access Google Calendar. Please log into Google Calendar at least once before using Google Calendar Synchronization."

I'm using Windows 7.  My web browser is Chrome. I have ACT only on my computer.  I don't share it with anyone else.  

My gmail and google contacts continue to sync.  

Steps taken

1) I revoked the Google access and then registered again.  No change.

2) I shut down both ACT and Google and Chrome.  Restarted and logged into the Calendar before attempting to sync.  No change.

In my research, I read that Google Calendar had made some changes to their sync access.  Could this be the problem and if so are others experiencing it?  Is there a workaround or a fix?

I use ACT calendar as my base and then sync to Google calendar to have a web calendar to access on iphone and to send invites to others through Google calendar syncing.  Thanks for any insights on this problem.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Google Calendar not able to sync with ACT Pro 2012 version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 7 - sudden change in November 2014

[ Edited ]

Yes, it appears to be a change that's occurred on the Google end - they've turned off support for v1 and v2 of their API:

http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.com/2014/06/calendar-gdata-api-google-calendar.html

Re: Google Calendar not able to sync with ACT Pro 2012 version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 7 - sudden change in November 2014

Thanks, Ben.  I noticed on the link you sent that the date this became effective was Nov. 17 - the date my problem started.  

So - unless ACT has a fix - then there's no hope to sync?  

I'm thinking my best bet is to change to Outlook for calendar, since that is able to sync to ACT.   

Bronze Super Contributor

Hi ktmurphy, 

that's my expectation as well:

1. use outlook.

2. wait for hotfix.

Ben.