Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Calendar and Contact Integration issues

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Google Calendar and Contact Integration issues

I am in much the same situation except that I have the current version. Irrespective, you may resent the latest indignaty, but they clearly don't care.

Highlighted

Google Calendar Integration issues Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 2

Why is it that you can only sync the Google calendar and ACT! with "1 day ago" and "7 days in future"?  That seems pretty much a waste if you can only look a week ahead on your schedule.

Please let me know if there is a fix or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

Brian.

Highlighted

Re: Google Calendar Integration issues Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 2

I think I figured it out. Looks like Act! doesn't like reoccurring events from Google. So I removed all of my reoccurring events from Google and entered them from Act! and then it works.
Hope this helps others.
Thanks
Brian.
Highlighted

Hi Stan - could really use your help.

Act Pro V17 was being integrated with my business enterprize email account and the calendar worked fine.  I am no longer using the company email, removed it from my Outlook and now just have my gmail account running.  When I try to integrate my ACT calendar with google calendar, all of my "calls" (which do not have a specified time) are now appearing in google with a time starting at 12n for a 12 hour duration.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Ron

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Stan
I'll level with you. The Act integration leaves much to be desired. The calls, todos and such that have to have a specified time associated with them or they just get a "banner". Be carful too, the clients associated with those calls will get emails about the calls.
Highlighted

Thanks Stan for your feedback.  I just don't understand how/why ACT would have a Google Integration built into their app that does NOT work.  There has to be a work around.  I also noticed that even if you do a one way sync (ACT to Google), it somehow syncs back to ACT.  

Highlighted

Is there anyone from ACT that can address my Google Integration problem (see below). How are we to maintain a cell phone calendar of our ACT activities if Google integration does not work????

I have been trying to have ACT integrate with Google (one of the features offered in the "Tools" drop down. When I integrate my calendar (comprised of Calls, and Meetings), ACT assigns a time of 12N with a 12 hour duration for every one of my calls. Items that are listed in ACT as Meetings (with times) appear to be fine on my Google Calendar.

Your feedback and help is much appreciated.
Ron
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

ACT! owners have fogotten how to provide good customer service. The new mantra is "once we have your money, you're on your own". They should have fixed the Google integration even for v15 since the problem occurred well within their obsolencence policy dates but they haven't. v16 or v17 will never get the correct fix either and it's why I am not upgrading and why I take the time to dissuade anybody to go to the ACT! Program although I use to be an ACT! promoter with my colleagues. Google integration was a BIG part on why ACT! was invaluable to my firm.

Tetra Homes, Inc.
Cincinnati | OH

ACT! 2013 Pro
Windows 7 Ultimate
Office 2010 Pro Plus
Highlighted

I agree

I am not upgrading ACT and dropping my Handheld Contact subscriptions, primarily due to not having my phone contacts up to date with ACT and ACT! not giving a darn.

I have moved to Insightly CRM, which certainly is not perfect but at least they communicate with their customers and are constantly working to improve and satisfy their customers. Also, you can have leads separate from contacts which is a good idea.

Ron McLean
the Dream Roper, Helping You Lasso Your Dreams
ron@ronmclean.com
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi All,

I've passed over the comments in this thread to the Product Management team to update when they have information to share. Apologies about the delay.