Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Calendar and Contact Integration issues

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Google Calendar and Contact Integration issues

I did not upgrade or update .net framework. I skipped that.
Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Unfortunately I'm already working with someone in the UK tomorrow and because of the 6 hour time difference I'm probably not going to be able to work with you unless you want to work late.  I'm available Monday around 3:00 UK time if that works for you.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Since it's required for the update to function skipping it is probably not going to work so well for you.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

You should contact Swiftpage to see what they can do for you.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Earlier in this conversation, participants have reported that Swiftpage will not talk to them unless the shell out relatively big payments (rather unbelievably to pay for fixing Swiftpage's own mistakes). I previously had the same experiment. (If you enjoy watching a program not work, try Act's Mail Merge, which is a semi disaster.)

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

I think that Swiftpage has a plan for $40 for a month of support if you aren't currently on the support plan.  That isn't exactly my idea of a "big payment".  I'm trying to get an idea of why some people still aren't able to get it to work when other people are right now.  I have my opinion about what the problem is but I don't have any emperical evidence yet.  They have provided a fix and it involved updating a significant number of files so it took a little longer than they had hoped that it would.  I'm sure they tested it before they released it so at least in their environment it fixed the problem.  After I've had a chance to look at a few systems that still have the problem after applying the fix I should be able to tell users who are having issues what they need to do to fix them or tell Swiftpage what they need to do to fix it.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

I am unaware of the $40 a month plan, unless you are referring to a 1-year contract that costs $40 a month, which is, of course $480 a year. What Chutzpah!  $1 is an unconscionable fee to pay them to resolve their own problems. Only after they produce a reliable bug-free product should they begin to consider a support fee. I have been using it so long that in many cases I know far more than their support team. Inevitably, I have troubles with it, and equally inevitably, it's their fault.

By the way, when you say "I'm sure they tested it before they released it so at least in their environment it fixed the problem", as I noted previously, based on my several years of experience with Sage as a beta tester, I am certain that they did not test it adequately before releaseing it. Why would they suddenly break their precident of many years standing.

Roger

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I have no issues. The fix works flawlessly. V16. No Net upgrade.

I have bronze plan at $180 per year but have used no support yet this year or on this issue.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Shouldn't there also be a v15 fix since the support for this version goes until 9/15 and obsolescence policy goes to 11/15?  

Tetra Homes, Inc.
Cincinnati | OH

ACT! 2013 Pro
Windows 7 Ultimate
Office 2010 Pro Plus
Highlighted
Skilled Commentator

I have version 17.0.151.0, Hot Fix 1 and cannot integrate calendar with google.