Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Calendar and Contact Integration issues

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Google Calendar and Contact Integration issues

It's now 2/9 don't suppose the Hotfix for v16 has been released yet??
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Benjamin said it would be available now:-

"We are also addressing this in the most current version of Act! v16, 16.2. I expect to have a small hotfix to address the Google Sync issue available by 2/9."
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Either way, I'm so glad I use Handheld Contact since 2000 ... with the extra functionality and reliable sync, it's saved me at least 20-30 times the cost
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

So I have not been following this thread for a few weeks or so and decided to heck on an Act! update. I found the update that brought me to version 16.3.11.0 Hotfix 1 and downloaded and installed it. I tried to integrate with Google and get a little different error now that I don't understand. I thought that I would try tech support and maybe it would be a simple fix since Act MUST HAVE gotten the update right since it took over 4 months and that it must just be a problem in my settings or something.

When I called I entered my ID and it forwarded me to sales because I don't have a tech support plan. I guess it doesn't usually do this because I never have my ID handy so I don't enter it into the automated system so it doesn't transfer me to sales. I spoke to a fairly rude sales rep that would only identify himself as Mike. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said "your not going be able to use me as your scapegoat." WOW! I could not believe the CS skills of this guy.. He added, Im just doing my job, it's nothing personal. I took a deep breath and asked him if he went to the store and bought something and opened it up and found that it did not do what the box said it did and that was the main reason you bought it, would he expect to be able to get some support or would he be ok with having to pay to talk with someone. He didn't answer and basically said that he wasn't able to get me to support, that my ticketsd were closed and resolved. I explained that my issue was not resolved and asked him how I would even have tickets if I had no access to any sort of support. He replied that I must just be able to talk good enough that I can convince people to transfer me to tech support!

Now after my blood pressure came back down I understand why I ended up at sales rather than level 1 support but I could not believe the attitiude of this guy! He finally transferred me to what he said was his supervisor but he would not provide me with any identifying information for him other the "Mike" he said he had no employee number or operator ID and that all he was going to give me was "Mike."

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Sadly, what you have descrived is a typical event with, not only Swiftpage but with many organizations's customer service departments, airlines etc.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

I disagree totally. There are in fact very very few organizations that sell relatively high priced, specialized products that provide such poor customer service, particularly given the exceedingly defective nature of the product. As just one example, their Knowledgebase articles are not regularly updated so that they property describe the remedial steps that must be taken to work around one of their product defects. Sage was gastly in terms of customer service and Swiftpage is no better, and maybe even slightly worse. Not that they care, really.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Rconant, I totally agree, Swiftpage are a bloody disgrace.
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

I have used Act essentially from when it started. It was owned by somebody who sold it to Symantec then, and it ran on MS-DOS. No graphic interface, of course. This was before Windows 3 (which was also a MS-DOS product). It was by far the best contact organizer around then. But then it went through iteration after iteration and from Symantec to Sage to Swiftpage,. The move to Symantec was the worst. Back then, I was a beta tester, and Symantec had a deadline of something like 3 weeks from when it was released to testing before it was issued for sale. The producrts were buggy then (just as they are now). As a result, the bugs found by the beta testers were completely ignored. They just went ahead and released the product anyway, deciding clearly that money in was better than a good product out. 

I hope hopes that the move to Sage would make a difference. But by now, it is clear that the move was financial only. Clearly the same incompetents who ran it for Sage run it still.

The only reason that I stay with it is that it has 20 years or whatever of history I don't want to lose.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Even with the bugs it's still a thousand times better than the pile of sh*t that is Salesforce!