Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Calendar Sync just stopped working

Google Calendar Sync just stopped working

[ Edited ]

All of a sudden, I get an error message when running Google Calendar Sync..No idea why this just came out of the blue. Have no idea where to begin..Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Running Act! Pro Version 16.1.207.0, Hot Fix 2

Thanks!

Daniel

Re: Google Calendar Sync just stopped working

Same problem here.  I would like to unregister my email from ACT! 2012 but not sure how to do that.  Additionally, the "Help" tab pulls up nothing when I click on it. 

Matthew

Silver Super Contributor

Google recently stopped supporting the old versions of the API used to communicate with Google programmatically.  I suspect that Act! uses the old API to communicate with Google and there will need to be a hotfix created to fix the problem.  Here is a link to a post by Google referencing the change.

http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.com/2014/06/calendar-gdata-api-google-calendar.html

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Is there a way to revoke access to my Google calendar?
Copper Contributor

I am having identical issue on both act 2012, and v16. 

And yes to revoke access you need to log into google account in a web browser.  Click your account picture and choose account.  Click the security tab.  Under account permissions choose view all for apps and websites.  From there click the one for act and select revoke.  This will remove contacts integrationn too though which for me is still working. It seems to only be the google calendar that broke.

That worked but now I cannot sync to Outlook.  It's greyed out in the Tools drop-down menu.

Hmmm..I updated my software and this didn't help. Perhaps this will give you all some ideas:

When I try to click on "OK" in "Google Integration Preferences", I get an error message that states"Unable to access Google Calendar. Please log into Google Calendar at least once before using Google Calendar Syncronization".

Considering that I am currently logged into Google Calendar in my browser as this is happening, and the fact that I had no problem with the integration until last week, this is very odd, indeed!

JP

Does anyone have the solution to the calender integration issue with Google and ACT?

Copper Contributor

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37941/kw/google%20calendar

That is the kb article from swiftpage.  They say its awaiting a fix, but it has been a really long time.  I feel like this should have been a pretty simply fix too.

You can try the companionlink thing people have mentioned, but i have never used it so can't say for sure it will work.  Also will not pay for it myself.

JP

Thanks for the feedback! Looks like swiftpage / act has dropped the ball on this one. Google made their announcement 5 months prior....and Swiftpage / Act has done nothing! When I called their support they told me it was google's issue. WAKE UP AND CREATE THE HOTFIX!