Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Calendar Integration Failure Due to Number of days in the future to sync

Google Calendar Integration Failure Due to Number of days in the future to sync

I'm currently using Act! Premium Version 16.3.11.0, Hot Fix 1

I have been using this for quite some time now and have regularly had issues with Google Calendar integration.  I am aware of the previous issues which lasted almost 6 months with the change in the Google API, however I have had several issues since this was resolved.

The failure to integrate appears to be connected to the number of days in the future I chose to sync my calendar.  I used to have it at 90 and then had to reduce it to 60 to keep it working.  A few months ago this stopped and I reduced it to 30 days into the future.

It has stopped working yet again so I have now set it to 14 days into the future. 

This is not good enough for my requirements.

Does anyone else have this problem or know what is going on?  Is this an issue/restriction made by Google or by Act! ?

Re: Google Calendar Integration Failure Due to Number of days in the future to sync

What you are describing is symptomatic of a corrupted activity (or activities) found on either the Act! Calendar or the Google calendar. The fact that you have continually had to reduce the sync as time progresses and now you're only able to synchronize 14 days into the future means that the damaged activity falls somewhere between 15-30 days in the future.

There's no way of telling exactly which activity it is that is damaged just by looking at it, so your options would be to delete and recreate every activity within the 15-30 days in the future, which is not really ideal if you have a lot of activities. Alternatively, and this is the easiest way to do it, you can leave it set to 14 days in the future until the sync fails again, which will allow you to know what day the damaged activity falls on. For example, if it fails to synchronize tomorrow, then there is a corrupted activity that falls on September 14th. From there, you'd recreate the activities for that single day, test the synchronization, then, if successful, extend the range that you wish to sync and test that. If it fails with that, then you know you have multiple activities which are damaged on various day. Usually this is not the case, though.

Hope that helps!

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

Re: Google Calendar Integration Failure Due to Number of days in the future to sync

That's great, I had to remove all the activities from both Act! & Google for a 2 week period and re-enter them to get it to work again. 

Thanks very much.