Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Apps and ACT!

pc

Google Apps and ACT!

I'm new to ACT! and I've spent a considerable amount of time digging through this site, the forums, and wikipedia to try and find some information about how it works and where it becomes dependant on Outlook. In the process I've read that it is dependant on Outlook for some things and one of them is for Gmail and Google Apps. Now my question is, because there seem to be mixed answers: is there any way for ACT! to sync to Google Apps without being dependant upon Outlook or another third party program.

If it isn't possible to sync ACT! with this form of webmail, is there a way to export your contacts and all relevant information into some kind of universally read file (hopefully .csv)? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Google Apps and ACT!

You can export from the Contact List to XLS or CSV. Or, to sync with Google Aps, you might use:

http://www.companionlink.com/products/companionlinkforgoogle.html

But you won't have History of your emails like you would if using Outlook to send them emails to GoogleMail.

Thanks for the question. I appreciate Mike's answer. I'm also looking for a work around for linking ACT to my webmail server. I'm using yahoo's Zimbra. I know I can import into Zimbra from Gmail. This might be a step in a solution for us. /

I'm looking at CRM service providers instead of ACT's insistence I use Outlook.

Platinum Elite Contributor

How do you want it linked to the web server ... there are plenty of ways to achieve that, depending on the outcome you want.