Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Gmail and Google Apps

Gmail and Google Apps

I have Act 2013. I have switched to Google Apps and as a result my email does not work from Act and I now get a long nasty error message. I have read the support page and it appears that at this time Act does not support IMAP. Does anyone know if there has been any change in this or if there is a work around?

Copper Contributor

Re: Gmail and Google Apps

I use google apps (which is not great i have to say)

specifically i use outlook sync for google apps....that appears to support ACT (although I would be nervous to say it properly supports outlook ... because it doesn't!!)

Bronze Contributor

I have switched to Google Apps and my business email is hosted by Gmail, so I use the GMail client.  If I send or receive email via GMail, ACT! attaches the incoming or outgoing email to ACT! history if it finds a match between email addresses in ACT! and the recipient/sender in Gmail.  There is no official way to launch an email from ACT! to Gmail, but I downloaded and use the free Gmail button from the fine folks at Xact: http://www.freeactaddons.com/free-addons - just make sure you have a little space on the layout to the right of the main email field for this button to magically appear.

Signature

Xact software addon showed errors when ACT was booted, after following instructions.

Sage needs to add IMAP support for gmail, POP is unacceptable. I can click on an email in the notes section and voila I can send an email, thus providing support can't be that hard. Sync works and I don't feel that I am doing anything wrong. We all need to push Sage to support IMAP.

Meanwhile, Outlook 2013 crashes on my W8 machine and I am ready to uninstall it for good.