Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Gmail and Act 2009

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Gmail and Act 2009

Mike,

I've just joined a startup company as Sales Director which is currently operating on Gmail, Google Calendar, and Insight.  I'm a 15 year ACT! user, and I just upgraded to 2012 in order to better integrate with their existing systems.  But as I ramp up sales, I'm already building out an ACT! database to track all the opportunities and channels.  Their existing system is pretty cumbersome and there's no way to scale it or do any rational reporting/quantifying of results as we grow.  I was at an ACT! roadshow event last week.  I came away with a clear sense that jumping from my previous Blackberry/Outlook/MS Exchange world over to Google/Gmail, along with ACT 2012 and ACT Connect (along with appropriate hardware - think Android smart phone, new Lenovo Win7 laptop, and maybe a tablet in due time) would cause no loss in the functionality I've previously had.  Would you agree?  Is there any way for an arriving email to automatically update in an ACT history?  Or do I have to remain tied to Outlook's one-button function to create ACT email histories one-by-one?

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

BTW: With Outlook, you can create histories automatically from incoming email.

And, if you want mobile connectivity without duplicates or data problems, you should use Handheld Contact
Highlighted

I am going back to Outlook until I get an upgrade.

I have the ACT! icons on top of the email window in Outlook but lower right on my computer screen there is a Red Circle with an X in it, an error message. It says that the emails/contacts have not been transferred into ACT!. Any advice on where to tweak setting to get that to go?
Highlighted

If I right click on it the little window says Show Progress / Hide Progress
Highlighted

Where are the Help file in ACT! 2009?

How/where in the world do you get the help files for this software?  And excuse me, but why are they not included??  Can someone please point me in the right direction?  I'd like to have them so when I have a question I have a chance of learning the answer quickly.  Thanks in advance.

Melissa