Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Global Toolbar - Remove Resize Relocate

Copper Contributor

Global Toolbar - Remove Resize Relocate

[ Edited ]

Have ACT! by Sage 2010, Version 12.0.409.0 Hotfix 4

The Global Toolbar is located immediately below the Menu Bar, and it has the word ACT! on the far, left-hand side. It is about double the height of the standard toolbars, and it includes buttons for New, Call, Meeting, To-Do, Note etcetra, etcetra. I have not been able to figure out how to resize, remove or relocate it. Does anyone know how to get rid of this screen pig?

Message Edited by Steve on 02-01-2010 07:18 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Global Toolbar - Remove Resize Relocate

The main toolbar under the main menu is locked and cannot be edited. This is part of the redesign of the user interface for ACT! 2010. If you would like to see a change in this function in an update or future release, please post your request on the Share Your Ideas board in this community

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Is there a way to find out if there is a hack that resolves this issue, now? A program designer who thought that placing a very large, brick wall in a specific location

was just a peachy idea probably isn't about to make any changes unless there is a sunami of complaints

Copper Contributor

This toolbar has to go, or at least remove make it TEXT ONLY and delete the stupid pictures?

That is a full 1" of precious real estate I cannot afford to leave undeveloped.

Help.

Phoenix, AZ
4 user Act 2011HF5
W7 (32&64) on a W7-64 "Server"
Outlook 2003 and 2007
Copper Super Contributor

I'm running ACT 11.  Does this new verision allow for editing the Global Toolbar? 

Platinum Super Contributor

The Global/Easy Button toolbar is not customizable in ACT! 2011.  Only the File/Edit/View toolbar can be customized (additional items added).

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

How is this not the most requested feature change in Sage.

Everything else in ACT can be tweaked, moved, added to, updated, removed from - yet the great big toolbar at the top of the program window is fixed - really?

Would love to be able to add . modify / remove icons from the global toolbar.

Please Sage make this one of your highest priorities - it's the last little bit of the interface that needs tweaking.

Copper Contributor

clarkedes...

I started this thread back on 02/01/2010, and I am disappointed that there haven't been any changes allowing users to modify the Global Toolbar. In the first response to my original post by ghollister, there is a link "Share Your Ideas" where you can post a request for changes to ACT!. I suggest that you add your request there. Who knows, maybe someday, pigs will fly and Sage ACT! will take the requested action.

Copper Super Contributor

I posted this same idea to "Share your ideas" about a year ago.  It would be nice if Sage took on this project...

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is a free add-on to disable/Hide the top toolbar in the ACT interface.

Hiding the top "Big Easy" toolbar is one of the feature of our Impact Suite add-on.

Attached is a small add-on that will allow the users turn OFF/ON the top 'Big Easy' toolbar.

To install:

1) Download the attached file.

2) Extract the file "DurkinAddons.DurkinCustomBigEasy.dll" and copy it into the ACT plugin folder:

64 Bit machines: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins

32 Bit machines: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins

3) Restart ACT

You will be asked to turn OFF the top toolbar on restart. At any time you can turn ON the toolbar by going to the TOOLS menu and selecting "About Big Easy..."

To un-install simple delete the file "DurkinAddons.DurkinCustomBigEasy.dll" from the same folder.

Hope this helps.

-- Jim Durkin

www.DurkinComputing.com