Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting the dreaded backup error, but only on 1 db

Getting the dreaded backup error, but only on 1 db

[ Edited ]

I'm unable to export the main database that I use because of the "Cannot insert duplicate key row" error message.  The demo database will export successfully.

I'm using ACT! Pro 13 on Windows 7.

In Act, every time I do a db check/repair, it says there is an error and fixes it. 

I have 2008 R2 SP2, just updated everything.

I've tried running the batch file, and I get this message:

Batch-Error.jpg

Any tips?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Getting the dreaded backup error, but only on 1 db

Hello,

I also read your other post and a friend of mine also got the issue back there a new SQL installation helps. But they got a Backup so they won’t lose too much data if it fails.

In your situation I would copy the whole database folder to another PC and take a look if you could perform a Backup there and take a look if all of your important information are there.

How to do this:

Just end the following services: SQL Server (ACT7), SQL Server Browser, SQL Server VSS Writer.

If you end this services just copy your whole database folder to the other PC and open the .pad with act. I never lose data like this but I think safe is safe so let the database on your pc be.

I only get the same issue if I end the SQL Server Browser so I think this is an SQL problem.

Please let me know if this works for you or if you already test something like this.

Regards,

David

The response is much appreciated.

I only have one PC at the moment, so I won't be able to try that out.  If I get a new PC maybe it will give me the option to backup if I get ACT up and running on that.  If I end up doing this I'll report the results back here.

Copper Super Contributor

Hi as i can read you have this problem for more than a year now do you have only one db with your actuell information and is this the one you cant backup?

If you got some time you can install vm player on your pc and make a virtuell maschine with windows where you can test this.

Vm Player is a free tool from vmware you can download it here if you want DOWNLOAD.

You can also find a how to to set up virtuell machines HERE.

It´s like a new PC.

In any case i´ll wait for your response and if you need any futher assistance let me know.

Administrator

We have a Knowledgeable article on this error message with a solution:
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28141

Let us know how you get on.