Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting error message...

Getting error message...

Getting the following error message when I try to open up my ACT! 2007 (9.0):

"The database contacts could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server."

This has just started happening as I have never had trouble before, although ACT! had been running painfully slow recently.

Any thoughts/suggestions for this dumb guy would be greatly appreciated.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Getting error message...

Hi,

Is this database on your machine? If it is, make sure the ACT7 instance of SQL is running. Use the following steps:

1. Go to Start -> Run and type in Services.msc

2. Once the Services window comes up, scroll down and find SQL Server(ACT7)

3. The status should show as Started, if it does not, right click on it and select 'Start'

4. Once the instance starts, close that window and try and launch ACT

Re: Getting error message...

I am getting the same error message. When I followed the directions, it showed the SQL Server was running. I tried to restart it and it timed out saying it didn't respond in a timely manner. I wonder if this is connected.The problem first started when I opened Outlook 2007, it gave me the same error message as the post below, when I looked at the database files there were two (I belive there only used to be one) the .PAD file was only 8kb while the .ADF looked like it had all my data. I don't remember seeing the extension .ADF before.