Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting duplicate calendar entries with Google integration.......different symbols?

Getting duplicate calendar entries with Google integration.......different symbols?

[ Edited ]

A quick background: we are a 2 person company, using ACT! Pro 2012, Windows 7.  We each have a desktop and a laptop that sync with a server (main database).  I personally sync my desktop database with my Google account (contacts only) and then with an Android phone via Google and have no issues.  My colleague syncs his desktop database with his Google account (calendar and contacts) and then with his blackberry via Google Sync.

Contacts sync flawlessly for both of us but for some reason we get periodic duplicates in the calendar as a result of my colleague synchronizing with Google.  We really only use the "Meeting" activity in the ACT! calendar so what I see is an event with the "Meeting" icon (handshake) and this is the event we created and then there is a duplicate with a different icon (looks like the "View Email" envelope icon with a gold circle or clock in the lower right hand corner of the envelope).

I do not beleive the issue is related to the blackberry as it is set to sync manually and this issue does not occur as a result of the blackberry sync.

Can anyone help me out here? 

Really trying to get this squared away but the duplication issue is killing us as it takes significant effort to eliminate them.  Thank you in advance!

Re: Getting duplicate calendar entries with Google integration.......different symbols?

Can someone tell me what the envelope with the gold clock in the corner means so I can troubleshoot?

I cleared the duplicates yesterday and after ACT! synchronized with Google they were back???

Re: Getting duplicate calendar entries with Google integration.......different symbols?

I have a similar problem, but in my case the activities with the icon you describe are not duplicates, Act created them when I clicked the Call button in the Contact Detail page. When I open up the dialog for these calls, the only difference I can find between them and normal calls is the icon (envelope in top left, overlapped by a yellow clock in bottom right). But these calls do not show up in the task list, even when no filters are set. 

It's possible this is also happening through sync with Outlook also. I also see it's an intermittent problem because yesterday using the Call button would create these alternate versions, whereas creating a call through the menu, or keyboard shortcut (CTRL L) created a normal call. Today, the button is creating normal calls.

Tough one to troubleshoot. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Thanks

Administrator

Hi onedashtwo81,

It might be useful to post a screenshot of the issue you're experiencing. What version of Act are you running?

Also, are you using both Google and Outlook integration in your database?

Hi Gary,

Thanks for having a look. I'm using Outlook integration, Act! 2013 Premium. For Google, I'm using Gsyncit in Outlook (shouldn't affect Act!). I'm running Windows 10. Here's an example of the "alternative" Call Activity showing the icon. The dialog is identical to a Call Activity, but this type does not show up in the Task List, with no filters applied. 

ActCall-Alt-Icon02.png

I tried adding a unique word in the Regarding field, and did a Keyword Search. It did show up there.

Thanks again.

-Dave

Administrator

Hi Dave,

That's the icon for activities synced from other applications.
You can enable these in the task list by clicking the options button in the top right, and selecting "Show Tasks from Other Applications".

Hi Gary,
Interesting. The ones I'm looking at definitely were not created in Outlook and sync'd into Act. And as mentioned, I've been apparently unwittingly creating these activities by clicking the Call button. Though unexplainable, the button went back to normal. Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know what happens next.