Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting MSSQL$ACT7 errors, does ACT Pro 2012 require it??

Copper Elite Contributor

Getting MSSQL$ACT7 errors, does ACT Pro 2012 require it??

[ Edited ]

Does Act Pro 2012 require MSSQL$ACT7?? I ask because I am getting a massive number of the error shown below in my event viewer. I was actually looking for a removable disc error which was causing my PC to hang when I noticed these errors in the same timeframe.

Could it be caused when Act is closed and Outlook is open and receives email for Act contacts which it then tries to attach to the contact?

Log Name:  Application;  Source:  MSSQL$ACT7;   Date: 26/11/2012 4:02:56 p.m.

Event ID:      18456

Task Category: Logon

Level:         Information

Keywords:      Classic,Audit Failure

User:          N/A

Computer:      GrahamSD-PC

Description:

Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database. [CLIENT: < local machine>]

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Getting MSSQL$ACT7 errors, does ACT Pro 2012 require it??

Since posting this question, I have found it is not related to Outlook, still get the error msgs with Act and Outlook open together.

The error is listed as a logon error but occurs without any logon attempts on my part. The message in the event viewer occurs approximately every minute for hours!

Next possibility: Is it trying to catch up with a missed scheduled backup, (although it is not happening at the scheduled time)? The external HDD used for backups was disconnected for a few days.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Getting MSSQL$ACT7 errors, does ACT Pro 2012 require it??

Hi Graham

While it is possible to use Sage ACT without SQL, doing so means that a variety of functions will not be available to you.

Please take a look at this Knowledge base article to see what these are:

Sage ACT Functionality when SQL is not installed

Are you actually experiencing any issues when using your ACT program?  Or are you just seeing the SQL Instance error in your event viewer?

It is possible that your Antivirus program or firewall are interfering with the proper running of SQL.  This may require you adding some exceptions into your antivirus and firewall settings.

Please see this article for help on this:

Antivirus & Firewall software with ACT

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au