Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting Library Not Registered Error when Merging with Word

Getting Library Not Registered Error when Merging with Word

Okay, I have been looking intensively at the forums for any help here. Finding none, here's my problem. Smiley Happy

I have ACT! 11.0.0.367. I am trying to do merge my contacts with a PHYSICAL letter that I am mailing (all other posts refer to email issues with Outlook). When the merge starts, I get a Library Not Registered. (Exception From HRESULT TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED.

And then, sometimes, I get the error "The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x7400706BA).

I have done just about all that was suggested before, including:

• Uninstalled the Microsoft Interop program
  • Checked to make sure that HistoryQueue exists, and checked the Registry for the pointer as well
  • Ran Office diagnostics, since Word 2007 does not have a Check and Repair feature

The merge feature does work if I use the ACT word processor, but there are letters with images and logos that I need to use Word for.

I can't imagine that mine is the only problem, but I've seen no real solutions- just guesses. Please advise.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Getting Library Not Registered Error when Merging with Word

An RPC Server error may indicate an issue with your Word program.  Here are some suggestions:

1) Make sure your RPC Server is running. Close all Office programs. Go to Start/Run and type in services.msc. Look for the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service and make sure the Status is "Started" and the Startup Type is "Automatic".

2) Rename the Normal.dot file per the following Knowledgebase article:

Error: "RPC Server not available." When Attempting to Create a Quote Using Microsoft® Word.

3) You may also need to uninstall/reinstall Office as well. You will also need to remove ACT!, then reinstall it AFTER you have reinstalled Office.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.