Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting ACT! groups into Outlook Contact groups

Getting ACT! groups into Outlook Contact groups

We have a shared ACT! PRO 2011 Vers 13 Database running on Windows 7 systems.    We use Outlook 2010.

My question is this:

We use Groups in Act! that we want to have exported to Outlook.    I can see a Sync option to sync my ACT! with Outlook but how do we have the groups in ACT! show up as Contact Groups in Outlook?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Les Jones

Re: Getting ACT! groups into Outlook Contact groups

Hi 

I'm also interested in a solution to this, I only what selected groups to sync across to Outlook from Act or be able to see groups in the ACT address book from outlook.

also interested in this.

No response, interesting..........

Bronze Contributor

Hello Jonesy41 ...

Because my installation of ACT is rogue within my company, I do not sync with Outlook.  My Outlook touches Exchange and Microsoft CRM and would cause all sorts of problem with duplicates.

To respond to your question, I would take advantage of categories instead.  That would add another step or two on your ACT side, but that might solve the problem.

Personally, about once a quarter I remove all my Outlook contacts and re-import from ACT via spreadsheet.  I usually do this over the weekend since first the cell phone has to be updated with no contacts and then updated again once the import is completed.

Hope this helps, but one of the more learned gurus may have a better way of syncing groups between ACT and Outlook.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013