Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

General Search Not Working

Tuned Listener

General Search Not Working

Hello, I am running Windows 8.1 64x with all the latest updates from Microsoft.  I am also running Act! Pro Version 16.1.207.0, Hot Fix 1 English (United States) Swiftpage ACT! LLC.

ACT as a general whole is working fine.  When I try to do search from the search on the top right of the screen, I get an error message. Verify that you ACT Service Host is started.  A connection error occured when running your search. 

I checked the services with the Windows Services Tool only to find that the service host is not listed.  When I go to ACT and try to run act.server.host.exe I get the following error message:

Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger.  A Windows Service must first be installed (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Administrative tool or the NET START command.

I believe there is a service that has been corrupted or not available that is installed by ACT. 

Please advise.

Paul L. Kushacterror.JPG

Tuned Listener

Re: General Search Not Working

Looking for some help on this technical team.  Please advise at least that you are taking a look at this issue.  Thanks in advance for your hard work and consideration.

Paul

Tuned Listener

This is really getting dated and still no response from the technical team.  Could someone please advise on this issue?

Thanks.

Paul

Bronze Contributor

Wish I could help, but maybe when someone more technical than I sees my post you will get some help. 

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Tuned Listener

Problem has been resolved.  Required a manual uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks.