Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

General ACT! Workflow suggestion for me?

General ACT! Workflow suggestion for me?

Could someone suggest a workflow for me? I'm wanting to sync to my PDA (touch cruise) and things have now changed a bit. I have a contact list with my Bookings. I do wedding photography and my goal is to fill up the weekend dates. I would make up dummy contacts for people asking about dates that I'm already booked just so I can keep a record of how much interest I'm getting on certain dates. I would create dummy contacts such as '04/06/2008 Internet Inquiry'. Due to this method, I would have lots and lots of duplicate dummy contacts combined with my real contacts but the reason I liked this is because in the LIST view I can sort by DATE and see what sort of hits I'm getting for certain dates. Problem is, I now want to sync to my PDA and don't want to have dummies anymore, there are too many and all duplicate. SO my question is. How can I achieved similar to the above and keep a record of inquiries for dates, without the dummy contacts? Should I be using the calender rather than contacts for my 'Inquiries' (i.e, dummy contacts) that I get and want to keep a record of? Have I been doing it wrong by making these inquiries actual contacts? Only reason I have been doing it this way is so I can LIST and SORT by date. -Frankie
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: General ACT! Workflow suggestion for me?

Create a single contact for "Enquiry" and schedule activities with it ... then just enter the contact and change the Scheduled With to them in the activity if they actually order

You can use the Task List to see the list

Maybe even make your own custom activity types for different types of work with results and regardings you can define as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/2axopz

I haven't read up on Activities yet. So you're suggesting to make 1 contact and call it 'Enquiry'. And everytime I have an enquiry to add it as an activity? And can I have different types of enquiries as well? Internet enquiries, personal enquiries, collegue enquiries. Do I have all these in the same contact or will I need to make a different contact for each type of enquiry? Can I add a date to this activity so that I can then sort the activities by date? I'd like to see how many enquiries I get for each month. -Frank
Platinum Elite Contributor