Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

GUID values

GUID values

Running Act 11 w. Windows 7.

Trying to understand how exports/imports work - I want to export a few fields, change some data in the Excel spreadsheet, then import back into ACT.  With the result being those contacts' records changed only in the fields that I changed in the spreadsheet.

I understand ACT can figure out if the import record is a duplicate through its GUID value (somehow).

Can a human see GUID values?  Where are they in ACT?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: GUID values

What you're trying to do won't work with the ACT! import. You would need a third party importer like OakMerge.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

If you are trying to change the contents of a field, does ACT 11 support looking up a select group of contacts and then changing the field contents, assuming it is not a memo field?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Bronze Super Contributor

John - ACT! has a "mass" update tool on the Edit menu, you will see the three options at the bottom of the menu.

You create a lookup (doesn't matter which method you use) and then when you run the tool - sounds like in your case, you want Replace Field - it will replace the contents of the selected field (whether empty or not) with your value for every record in the lookup.

It will only do one field at a time, but it sure is much easier than exporting and importing to get there.

Just be sure you backup your database prior to beginning!

Nickel Contributor

Here is a tool that can show you the GUID: http://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=LT32

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms