Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

GDI+ error when printing reports preventing the report from printing

Copper Contributor

GDI+ error when printing reports preventing the report from printing

Running ACT! Premium 14.1.108.0 on Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit, Terminal Services.  Today if I try to print any report the GDI+ error pops up when running/previewing the report. I can close the error message but then the report just hangs on the processing... screen.  Reports printed yesterday ok.  I have tried applying KB# 28319 & 25903 but it made no difference. I need to print reports to try to resolve a "Error during export" error when saving reports as PDF files, but can't even get to that stage on the TS.  Maybe the two errors are connected.  Does any one have any suggestions to at least get past the GDI+ error?

Silver Contributor

Re: GDI+ error when printing reports preventing the report from printing

The GDI Error occurs when you leave the ACT window and go to your local machine while the report runs.

Try running the report without causing the ACT Window to loose focus. (meaning don't go back and do stuff on your local machine while it runs. just let it run)\

See if that helps.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Thanks for your response Jon. Much appreciated. On this occassion I wasn't jumping between the RDP window & my desktop. But the problem appears to be resolved in a way. When I connect to terminal server today using my work modem & run the reports, I do not get the GDI+ error. Previously I had been working from home. So either something has happened on the server to correct the problem, or maybe it is related to my (slower) home connection. At least I have been able to move forward.

Silver Contributor

This one has been a tricky one to troubleshoot.  IT's not consistant.  Glad it's working for you now.  It may pop up again though.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider