Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Future Activity Fields

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Future Activity Fields

I am attempting to design a report that utilizes future activity dates and information fields.  However, when you look at the available fields in the "Contact Actvity" list of fields, all that are available are Activity Fields of past occurrences.  Where are the future fields for appointments, calls, to dos within this capability?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author sfreeman@freemansauction.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Future Activity Fields

The fields you're referring to aren't activity table fields but contact table fields. They are also date fields which may not be what you're looking for.. Cleared activities actually show up in the history table and you would use a history subreport to show then. You would use an activities subreport to show future activities.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies

I'm confused. there are no fields designated future activities, the fields are all the same, the date defines if it is future or past.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Apologies for the confusion.  I am using ACT! Version 2010 as a single user.  Within the Report Designer, there are available fields to use under the Contact Activities (CA) data set.  These include fields like "Last Attempt", "Last Meeting", etc.  However, there is no ability to use any fields that show planned or future activity - i.e. scheduled meetings or calls or to do items.  There is also no ability to capture the most recent "Notes" information or planned follow up detail that I could find.

I am attempting to build what amounts to a 'Call Report' for management.  I can capture the "Regarding" from the appointment information.  However, I also need to capture the "Outcome" from the appointment - the next steps if you will.  If you have suggestions, I am open.

Many thanks.

Sam Freeman

sfreeman@freemansauction.com

Solution
Accepted by topic author sfreeman@freemansauction.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The fields you're referring to aren't activity table fields but contact table fields. They are also date fields which may not be what you're looking for.. Cleared activities actually show up in the history table and you would use a history subreport to show then. You would use an activities subreport to show future activities.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi,

Where you able to create such report? I am trying to do the same, I want to filter the prospects based on whether they have a future activity scheduled or not, but I do not know how to do this.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to create this report.  It is still a desirable report.

Skilled Commentator

I had a similar problem, I simply wanted a field updated and/or a call scheduled when and applicable contact did/did not have a future activity.  ACT can't do it, although like you guys I originally thought it could.  I got around it my getting Paul Buchtmann (he's on this forum or paul@4ucrm.com to set up SAM (sales automation manager) and show me how to make a campaign to do this.  You can have a campaign that says if they have future activity schedule a call or update a field, or in my case if a current client doesn't have a future activity, schedule a call to check up on them.  Takes a bit to get the hang of but you can do anything and everything possibel with SAM once you understand it! Hope that helps!

Scott Hunt