Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Frustration integration with google not working

Frustration integration with google not working

I have had a very difficult time getting the integration to work between ACT Pro 2012 and Google.  The first time I did it it wiped out a ton of my google contacts.  I then contacted ACT support and he walked me through the process and it turned out I had done it correctly.  When we were finished,, I had duplicates in ACT and still did not have the google contacts I had lost.  By the way,  Those contacts were in ACT, they just weren't syncing with google.  This was the primary reason I upgraded to ACT 2012.  I am not happy and if this isn't;t corrected, I will have to look for a different solution.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Frustration integration with google not working

Hello Dsln9138,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

There is a function within Google to restore your contacts (up to 30 days back).  Here is an article with the instructions: KB Article 27987

Not sure what could have caused the contacts to be removed from Google, the integration isn't designed to do that... but, going forward:

- Be sure to check the sync set selected within the Google integration properites > ensure it is the desired group (or All).

When contacts are deleted from Google, ACT! will track that action and stop synchronizing those particular contacts.  It will not re-add them to Google.  You can reset this tracking and the next sync will be just like a 'first' sync.  Instructions for resetting the tracking files are in this article: KB Article 28234

If you decide to reset the contacts and tracking files, I highly recommend going through both Google and ACT! and removing duplicate contacts; from within the appilcation (within Google or within ACT!) and from both programs (Google compared to ACT!).  The reset sync will treat it as a first sync and all contacts will be considered 'new' (to be added to the 'other' program).

I also recommend creating a backup of the ACT! database after cleaning it up and before synchronizing (File > Backup > Database), in case the sync results are not as expected.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Frustration integration with google not working

I am still very unhappy with the google integration.  I used the technique so I could redo the integration and it after redoing it, it still does not work well at all.  Many of the contscts thsat are in ACT just do not get synched to Google.  I decided I am just not going to bother. Maybe some lated edition of ACT will work better.  This one absolutely stinks.