Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Frustrated - Toolbar and Dial It Addon

Copper Contributor

Frustrated - Toolbar and Dial It Addon

Really getting frustrated as Act toolbar does not seem to work properly with Dial It. I have a support ticket with the Dial It people, but in the meantime I am racking my brain trying to figure out why Act does not keep the Dial It toolbar.

Once I switch to list view (or vice versa) the Dial It toolbar disappears - I have to turn off Act and start it again in order to get the toolbar again.

I'm also (on ocassion) getting those funky red cross lines when trying to customize the toolbar along with an OBJECT INSTANCE error.

Fresh Install of Act Pro 2012 - no upgrade.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Frustrated - Toolbar and Dial It Addon

Hello mrootes,
This may be a result of your graphics DPI setting. ACT! has an issue when the DPI is set higher than 96. Please see the following Knowledgebase article regarding ACT! and the DPI setting:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2634...

This issue may also be caused by a damaged ACT! preferences file. See this KB article on how to rebuild the preferences file. It is advised that you use the manual rebuild procedure described in the bottom half of the article:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1477...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: Frustrated - Toolbar and Dial It Addon

Greig, thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, my dpi settings were not above 96 and the preferences issue was attempted earlier (although I did perform the more detailed procedure this time).

I think my issue is with Dial It, as any other toolbars (even custome made ones) retain their position under all varying circumstances an views.

I still get odd errors once in a while when customizing them, where a red lined "X" goes through the toolbar area, gives me some type of "NULL" error and prevents me from doing anything. Not sure what that is all about...