Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

From Contact List View - Duplicating A Contact Fails

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Contributor
Accepted Solution

From Contact List View - Duplicating A Contact Fails

While in the list view of contact and right clicking on a contact in the list to duplicate contact, and even being given option for primary or all fields, the screen flashes but nothing was duplicated.

I look for a duplicate of the name or an entry with no name, but don't find anything.

I then lookup all contacts with nothing in any of the fields, and don't find any entry.

However, if I'm in the contact detail view, the duplicate contact works just fine.

Any ideas on this?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎03-15-2017 03:53 PM
Administrator

Re: From Contact List View - Duplicating A Contact Fails

[ Edited ]

Hi John,

The duplicate contact feature will not duplicate the name field, and is intended to either create a copy of the contact with the other primary fields filled in, or all the fields that aren't contact specific filled in. 

Try creating a contact with a unique company name, then lookup all contacts with this company name. Duplicate the contact from the list view, and select 'Duplicate data from all fields'. Now perform the lookup on the company name again. Do you now have two contacts with this company name?

If not, please let us know what exact version of Act! you are using.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎03-15-2017 03:53 PM
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi John,

The duplicate contact feature will not duplicate the name field, and is intended to either create a copy of the contact with the other primary fields filled in, or all the fields that aren't contact specific filled in. 

Try creating a contact with a unique company name, then lookup all contacts with this company name. Duplicate the contact from the list view, and select 'Duplicate data from all fields'. Now perform the lookup on the company name again. Do you now have two contacts with this company name?

If not, please let us know what exact version of Act! you are using.

Bronze Elite Contributor

I see you have V18 Premium.

Tried it in V18.2 Hotfix 4 and worked as expected.

Try searching on field Create Date = Today to see if it did in fact create a new record.