Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Free up Licenses in ACT 2011 Premium

Free up Licenses in ACT 2011 Premium

Hey All,

We are working on transitioning over about 10 users over to new computers. 

We do have enough licenses for the 10 users, but as we have moved them over to the new computers, it will not allow us to activate some of them.

I was told early on in this process by ACT support, that if we uninstall ACT from the older computers, the new ones will be allowed to activate.

I have tried this on a few, but it has not been a reliable way to clear up licenses.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

This is a shared database, with 10 remote databases environment if that makes a difference.

Thanks All!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Free up Licenses in ACT 2011 Premium

ACT! typically allows three activations per license via internet. After that you neet to call ACT! for additional activations.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hey Roy,

I believe they have a single license that is good for the 10 users. We have been able to activate about 5 users with it, but are running into issues now with activation.

We do not have a support plan currently. Do we need a support plan for activation on 2011?

Thanks!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Shouldn't. It definitely sounds like you've reached the end of your three activation per license (in your case 30 activations) and will have to do the remainder by phone.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129