Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Free Trial download

Free Trial download

I have been a Act! user since the early 1990's.  I have now finally updated my operating system from Window XP and the last licensed version of Act! I purchased was 2008 v10.  So I figured I might as well try the lastest version for free since it is offered.  Well I have installed and have attempted to run the software but unfortunately get only errors when trying to open my existing database "Schema exception error occured"  "Could not find stored procedure 'master.dbo.PRC_ACT_ACTIVE_DATABASE".

So I thought well, maybe it is because it is an old version that it is trying to convert.  So I tried to just create a new database and get the error "Could not find stored procedure 'master.dbo.PRC_ACT_ACTIVE_DATABASE". 

Tech support/Customer support is completely unhelpful.  They continued to point me to tech articles that were not even related to the latest version of the software that they offer as a free trial.  From wasting 30 min of time on the phone to no resolve other than to tell me to buy the software and 30 days of tech support is included with purchase. 

I guess my question for anyone on here is has anyone else had the same experience, anyone have any solutions to resolve the problem other then spending $269 to buy the software to then potentially find out that it simple doesn't work.

Thanks.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Free Trial download

Did you try the suggestions in this Knowledge Base article?

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28169

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Silver Super Contributor

If that doesn't work give this one a try.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33601

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Yep tried both of those suggested work arounds.  Not sure if it is because that answer doesn't address the problem in v17 specifically, but nothing happend.  the cmd propt pulls up a dialog box with script and a "OK" button that is all.  The alternative solutions breifly pops up a blank window and then goes away.  Tried to again open a new database after than and still same error.

Silver Super Contributor

I'm sending you a private email.  There is an envelope in the upper right corner.  Click on it to see your private emails.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

[ Edited ]

This solution appears to work so far. Thank you. Too bad support could provide this information for me.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33601

I am having the same error when I try to update or ad new users. When adding new user I get all the way to end and when I hit "finish" the error window pops up; could not find stored procedure "master.dbo.prc_act_active_database". I have tried the fixes on this thread and they do not work. Any help would be great - driving me nuts. ACT Pro 2013 btw.