Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Foul Play in ACT Notes

Foul Play in ACT Notes

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions about making Notes in ACT 9.0:

1. Is there any way to take away Notes and History editing?

2. When creating a new Note, I see that you can modify the time/date of the Note; is there any way to take away that feature?

I have uncecked the boxes for Allow Notes/History editing but the users are still able to reselect it, everyone is a Standard user, is there a more restrictive security role to prevent this?  Also, I made a note on a brand new client and then another sales person came in and placed a new Note before mine; I noticed that the time/date of a Note can be set to whenever.  Is there a way to take that feature away or at least be able to see when the Note was originally created? 

Thank you all in advance for your help.

-afs16554- 

Message Edited by afs16554 on 05-23-2008 06:07 AM
Tuned Listener

Re: Foul Play in ACT Notes

Hi,

Firstly I think this article might come in useful

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=15284

I have tested this in ACT! 2008 and it seems that you will have to set these users to 'Browse' status to stop them editing your notes.

Tools -> Manage Users ->  Edit User Information

Hope this helps,

Cesc 

Hi Cesc,

Thank you for the information it was informative and I trided changing the security role to Browse but it was too restrictive; we still need users to create new notes but not edit them.  I'm going to keep scouring the net for an answer and if I find one I'll post it for everyone.  Maybe someone else may need it. 

Tuned Listener

Hi sorry it took so long to reply.

There is also an option in 'Tools -> Preferences' to 'Allow notes editing' and 'allow history editing'.

If you uncheck these, that will stop editing of notes and history.

Regards,

Cesc