Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Formatted hard drive, reinstalled ACT 8 but unable to open database

Formatted hard drive, reinstalled ACT 8 but unable to open database

Please can anyone help? I have formatted my desk PC and re-installed everything I need, including Office 2007 and Act 8. I saved copies and backups of my database on an external hard drive - a process I have performed before (not having the most reliable PC in the world means having to do rubbish like this every now and then). The problem is, this time ACT will not let me open my database. It is saying there is a network error and requesting that i turn off my firewall and try again. My firewall is turned off and I have not reconnected to my network drive yet - the database files are now on my internal hard drive. I have tried just opening them and trying to perform a restore, all to no avail. I don't really know where to go from here and am now desperatly asking for help!!!

I know I've probably missed something really obvious but my brain has now shut down as far as ACT is concerned!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Formatted hard drive, reinstalled ACT 8 but unable to open database

If the error you are receiving is saying that "the database <database name> could not be accessed", then please refer to the following Knowledgebase article (KB 19640) for a list of possible causes:

Error: "The database could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network con...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.