Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Force re-install of Sage Act! Pro 2011?

Force re-install of Sage Act! Pro 2011?

Is there any way to force a re-install?  I am getting the error message that "a later version of "" is already installed on this machine"

I have removed ACT via Programs and Features.  I cleaned it up with Revo Uninstaller, cleaned the registry, and searched the hard drive for any instance of act, act7, sage, sageact, etc...  I cannot find anything. 

I don't know why it is stopping me but I am not even sure this is the right error message.

At any rate, I would like to force install it.  I think there is about a 90% chance it would work just fine.

Does anyone know how to do a force install to bypass checking installed versions?

I must say, if I had it to do over, I would go back about 3 versions.  All I have gotten for my money is grief.

I keep thinking the next version will be better but it is just more complex and finicky.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan Moore

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Force re-install of Sage Act! Pro 2011?

I don't know Revo Uninstaller, but use of those generic uninstallers nearly always makes Windows more unstable... they really should be only used in absolute last resorts when the only other option is to wipe the computer.

Assuming there isn't already irrecoverable damage to the system, I'd use the ACT! Uninstaller designed for this purpose. You can download it from this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19338

Re: Force re-install of Sage Act! Pro 2011?

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, it did not fix it.  I guess I am going to have to wipe and reinstall everything.  Oh fun..

The problem arose when I tried to do a standard uninstall through Windows.  I only went to Revo when that didn't work. 

Bmoore