Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Force Contact To Have Company Record

Tuned Listener

Force Contact To Have Company Record

Hi,

We've run into an issue with Act that I'm hoping you can help me resolve.  We have lots of contacts that have a company input, but there is no company record, so the contact and company are unlinked.  Is there a way to force new contacts to have an existing company record linked to them?  We operate at the "company" level with our sales leads and need to cleanup our data to allow our CRM system to function like the rest of our data.

On that note, do you know of any way to cleanup existing contacts, creating companies for the ones that don't have them and getting rid of duplicate companies?

Version Information: 2008, 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1

Thanks!

Scott

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Force Contact To Have Company Record

Hello Scott,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Unfortunately, there is not a way to do what you need within ACT!. You would most likely need an add-on product, such as Company Wizard or Company Maker.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Re: Force Contact To Have Company Record

Hey Greig,

Thanks for your response.  Essentially, because of the way ACT! is setup, there's no way to require that a user creates a company before creating a new contact, right?  There's also really no way to ensure that a user links a new contact to an existing company.   Is that true?

It looks like either Company Wizard or Company Maker would help us resolve the current problem, but if we can't force a company to be created for a contact, I'm not sure we won't have the same issue in the future.

Thanks again!

Scott