Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Font Issues Sage ACT! 2012 Small Hi-Res Screen

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Font Issues Sage ACT! 2012 Small Hi-Res Screen

I recently installed Sage ACT! 2012 on a new Lenovo Yoga 720 (13.3” screen) and ran into the font issues that I’ve seen discussed elsewhere within this forum (running Windows 10). I restored a backed up file from another PC (databases are running on individual PC’s - not networked) — essentially migrgrating to a new, standalone laptop from the same.

Here’s the odd thing — when I first had the issue, I ran Windows compatibility mode and it seemed to fix the issue.

A few days later, I had to freshen up the database, so I deleted the database, and restored an updated version, again migrated from my old laptop. Same issue with the fonts, except this time Windows compatibility mode couldn’t fix the font issue. After further research on this forum, I found the Durkin software patch, which got me back up and running, but the fonts are now pretty small (smaller, I think, than when it was running fine a few days ago — but that could be my imagination).

Any thoughts on what would cause ACT to behave that way? 

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author T2T2T2
‎02-19-2018 05:12 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Font Issues Sage ACT! 2012 Small Hi-Res Screen

ACT!2012 is simply too old to run properly on such a system. Fixes for WIN 10 and high-res monitors were only made very recently.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author T2T2T2
‎02-19-2018 05:12 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

ACT!2012 is simply too old to run properly on such a system. Fixes for WIN 10 and high-res monitors were only made very recently.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Administrator

Andreas is correct, a lot of changes were made to ensure compatibility with windows 10 and high resolution/tablet scale screens in v18 - this would be the minimum recommended version if you're using something like a Yoga.

However, there may be some workarounds to try and get things working a little better for you as is - I'd recommend right-clicking anywhere on the desktop > choose Display Settings > Make sure that "DPI scaling" or "Change the size of text,apps, and other items" is set to no higher than 100%.