Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Flagging sent emails

Copper Contributor

Flagging sent emails

Hi, I had this set up before, but the setting went away when I upgraded to ACT Pro 2011 and Outlook Exchange 2010.  Everything works as needed right now, with incoming and outgoing emails creating histories in ACT!. 

Is there a way to automatically flag outgoing emails with a rule the same way I have incoming emails set up...so that I can readily see which sent emails created an Act! history?  It's a very useful feature on the inbox and I would love to duplicated in in the sent folder.

Thanks!

Bronze Contributor

Re: Flagging sent emails

If you setup your preferences to record history is this what you want to achieve?

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Yes, that's what I want to achieve.  HOWEVER, I am always getting emails from new contacts and I sometimes reply quickly without first creating a contact record, so there is no record of my sent email.  I love the feature in ACT/Outlook where I can flag inbound emails that have been logged into ACT and want to have the same flag feature for sent emails. 

Bronze Contributor

There is an option to create contacts when not found in the email setup maybe you should test that. My concern would be it may create many more contacts when people use different emails.

You can always go back and attact from the sent items

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I have started to become very particular about my ACT! DB.  I just went through a whole process of de-duping my db and still have 900 records in a dup group to sort through when I have time.  Having records automatically created with that in mind is a scary proposition.  The email thing is not a big issue.  Since I'm active with my contacts via email, I use swiftpages, only the primary email can be merged, and so many folks are on the move these days, no one minds that I send emails to both work and personal accounts, so I have two records for lots of folks that contain info.  If there was ever a work around for that (merging to multiple email addresses for contacts), I'd be very happy to hear it and not need to have multiple records for the same person.  It's why the de-dup process is taking so long...I need to be careful I'm not deleting a duplicate but active record.  Sorry for getting off track, but this is the extended version of the problem at hand (in case anyone in Sage ACT! software development is listening, and especially if you are located here in the Atlanta offices ;-)