Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fix the "SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O .." error on a backup file

Copper Contributor

Fix the "SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O .." error on a backup file

I have found the following error while trying to restore from a previous backup

Error.png

There is this article on how to solve this problem on an open database. I was wondering whether there's a fix for zipped backup files: is there a way to extract the database and manually open it?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Fix the "SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O .." error on a backup file

Hello albergante,
Have you tried restoring the backup on a another machine? If that did not work, then you could try using ACTDiag to restore the file. First extract the .zip file with WinZip or Windows extractor. Then open ACTDiag, go to Tools > Restore Database > Restore BAK file. Follow the steps to browse to the extracted .bak file and restore it.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: Fix the "SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O .." error on a backup file

I am currently trying to install ACT on a second machine and see what happens.

I have tried many things, mostly to unzip the file directly and to restore it: I always got, for all the files, an archive corruption problem (CRC).

Why isn't ACT notitfying this? We have lost some data that we should get back with a backup, but now the backup cannot be restored due to a software deficiency.

I have also tried to do a backup of my current database and to restore it rightaway: always the same problem.