Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fix for broken dialer in ACT! 2010????

Fix for broken dialer in ACT! 2010????

Do you have a fix for the broken Dialer (won't hang up) problem in ACT! 2010?

I see no difference between Hang Up and Talk buttons after dialing a call and picking up the handset on another phone on the same line? Neither button tells ACT that it is ready to dial the next call, although both hang up the modem (I can hear the difference in the phone line, and the computer speaker stops repeating my words. When I next use the dialer, it can't dial because ACT doesn't think the previous call was hung up, requiring an extra 3 or 4 mouse clicks just to be able to place the next call (close the history dialogue box, click H for hangp, then close the dialer, then reopen it, and then it dials).

One ACT! tech acknowledged the problem, and told me you never were able to fix it in ACT! 2010, blaming it on MS' dialer which ACT calls. He then glibly advised me to buy ACT 2011 since they fixed the problem in that version. But I've just bought ACT 2010 and expect it to work properly. After all, the software has been on the market for 15+ years and worked in many previous versions.

Is there some way to create a macro that will do all those keystrokes for me, like ACT used to back in v6.0? If not, can you provide a free upgrade to ACT! 2011 to get me access to this most critical feature?

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Fix for broken dialer in ACT! 2010????

Am still having this same issue in 2011

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem with Premium 2011. I make a call with no trouble, then hang up, stop the timer and complete the history form. Move onto the next contact and the dial and hang up buttons are grayed out. If I go back to the previous contact, the dial button is ready to go and works. The window's dialer still works so it can't be blamed on that.And after I bought a modem just for this purpose. Any ideas?

Thanks

Al

PS: I just noticed if I enter a number ( any single digit) the dialer works. Weird!

I've had the same the same problem in ACT 2010, 2011, 2012.  i can't imagine that it's that difficult to fix.  After tech support was unable to fix it it in 2011 and 2012 i uninstalled them (within the 30 days).  I buy every new version but return it due to this problem.  I've now gone back to 2010 which is slightly better, but ACT 6 is the last version I've used that was trouble free.  I'll probably go back to it again after 2010 does something stupid.  I wish it could be updated to run well on windows 7, use microsoft word 2007 and ACT connect.

Jeff