Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

First Name Field Missing from Import Map in ACT! 2010

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

First Name Field Missing from Import Map in ACT! 2010

I know I'm not imagining things as I imported a bunch of contact records from a .csv the other day in ACT! 2010. Today I go to import some records, but when I get to the screen in the Import records to map the fields, the first name is missing. What happened to it and how do I get it back?

Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: First Name Field Missing from Import Map in ACT! 2010

Hello MadDog,

The First Name field is a hidden field in ACT!, and therefore will not be visible as a field selection in the dropdown when mapping import fields. The only way to see it is to make sure that the column on your .csv for the first name is exactly named First Name. This is because ACT! will automatically match fields that have the exact same name both within the .csv file and your database. The same thing applies for the Last Name and Middle Name fields.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Super Contributor

First Name is missing from the source or the target?
Copper Elite Contributor

It's missing from the target.
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello MadDog,

The First Name field is a hidden field in ACT!, and therefore will not be visible as a field selection in the dropdown when mapping import fields. The only way to see it is to make sure that the column on your .csv for the first name is exactly named First Name. This is because ACT! will automatically match fields that have the exact same name both within the .csv file and your database. The same thing applies for the Last Name and Middle Name fields.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Elite Contributor

Greig,

Interesting. Thanks for answering that.

I had my last name field called "Last Name," but the others as First and MI, which is why they didn't show up. I jsut re-tried with those fields re-named and see that they both show in mapping. Now I know for the next time.

Thanks!

Copper Contributor

I was using swiftpage for email marketing I imported just first names in my database, they came in as last names. I even created a field for first names. But the field doesn't appear under design fields to import information. When doin the email mkt I have it set up to insert firat name, but switfpage can't find the first name, because it's not listed in Act DB