Do you mean 

Find specific msg file in attachments folder and delete

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Find specific msg file in attachments folder and delete

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

I have Act 2012 Pro running a master database on a Windows Server 2008 server, with remote database on 10 computers.  These are a mix of Windows 7 and Windows 10, running Outlook 2007, 2010, and 2013.  Lately, I've been getting multiple alerts from our antivirus software about a virus in a message attachment somewhere in the database.  I know the name of the message file (tmp2E6.msg), but I can't find it in the attachments folder of the database.  I'm also running multiple scans on the computers with the remote databases to make sure none of them have the same attachment.  I've also left ACT shutdown on the server to avoid having the file resurrect itself.  I do, however, see multiple msg files containing that name plus additional characters (e.g. tmp2E6 fc4d6f3d-7149-4774-bc41-b4a5c6116466.msg).  Looking over the scan results, apparently the antivirus software is deleting (or trying to delete) this message attachment to get rid of the virus.  However, these alerts have been coming over the last 2 days from our ACT server, as if this file keeps reconstituting itself.  My concern is how can I find this file in all of its iterations and get rid of them all.  I'm willing to live with any lost history in ACT to get rid of the virus for good.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mmbrayco
‎10-10-2016 03:23 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Find specific msg file in attachments folder and delete

You could try running a Universal Search for the file name to find the History Item in Act! and delete it?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author mmbrayco
‎10-10-2016 03:23 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

You could try running a Universal Search for the file name to find the History Item in Act! and delete it?
Tuned Listener

Hi Mike,

I will try that the first chance I get.  Right now I'm running additional antivirus scans on the server and the remote users to make absolutely sure there aren't any more virus traces.  Thank you so much so you help.

Michael