Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Files moved accidentally

Tuned Listener

Files moved accidentally

I made an error on my Win7 machine and all the files inside folders moved to the root. Now I have a bunch of Act program files that are in the wrong place and wondered what folder to place them in. ACT 2008. Examples: 01 Initial Communication..., 9.env.

Sussertown
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Files moved accidentally

Oh dear ... many different folders.

What sort of error could cause that? Might have caused all sorts of issues
Platinum Super Contributor

A good example of the locations for the particular files would be to look at the ACT! Demo database.  If it is not available or was also put into the C: root - try creating a new 'test' database, it will contain the default set of files and be a good example.

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Thats a good idea. I think I fixed it for now. I used win7 Previous Version and was then able to delete the files that were in the root. I wish I could understand what happened. At this point the start menu My Documents freezes. It's okay when I go through the drive letter though. At one point I moved the Documents manually to the Libraries and the start menu worked, but the file system got screwed up again and now the start menu freezes at my documents. not sure what it is looking for.

Sussertown
Platinum Elite Contributor

I would back up the database now ... and any other data you may need.

Then reinstall Windows, the apps and the data... finally create a good, regular backup process
Tuned Listener

I have all that. I have backups on 4 drives. I just want to get onto a windows forum and see if anyone knows what happened. I'm working on it.

Sussertown