Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

File not found

File not found

Hello.

I have established a link between ACT and Microsoft Outlook using Tools > Preferences > Email > Email System Setup in ACT. The link was successfully established and a quick launch menu is now available in Outlook.

When I press the Attach to ACT Contacts button in Outlook it brings up a contacts box. I then select the contact that I wish to attach the email to and click Ok. Unfortunately I get the error message File not found. Consequently the email does not attach itself to the history of the selected contact in ACT.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Carl.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: File not found

Hello Carl,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Can you provide some additional information:

- What version of ACT! are you working with?

- What version of Outlook are you working with?

- Does the message provide any more detail, such as the file name?

- When you send an email through ACT! or Outlook, does it attach to History correctly?

Greg Martin
Sage

Hello Greg.

These are the software version details you requested:

ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367

Microsoft Outlook 2007 (12.0.4518.1014) MSO (12.0.4518.1014)

The error message only says File not found and the email does not attach to History when the email is sent from either ACT or Outlook.

Thanks,

Carl.

Platinum Super Contributor

To help find out which file it is referring to, have a look at this article:  KB Article 19177

Use it to locate the files that are used in the process and to locate the *.xml files (emails to be attached).  When an email fails to attach it creates an 'error' file that may also help point to the problem.

In conjunction with the first article, here is another article with steps for correcting issues with the History Queue files: KB Article 19948

Greg Martin
Sage

Many thanks Greg, I'll take a look at the articles suggested.

Regards,

Carl.