Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fields with automatic upper case 1st letter become lower case when recording a new item in history

Fields with automatic upper case 1st letter become lower case when recording a new item in history

Contact fields are set up to automatically create an upper case 1st letter (eg. for 'Title', 'City' and 'ID/Status' fields).  However, recently, when creating a new entry in client's history, these fields revert to all lower-case letters.  Use tab button to scroll through all fields returns these fields to upper-case 1st letter.  How can I correct this so that fields stay as they should?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Fields with automatic upper case 1st letter become lower case when recording a new item in history

Hello HEBBD,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Commuity. Just so I understand, you stated "when creating a new entry in client's history, these fields revert to all lower-case letters." Are you saying that the field contents revert to lower-case when you create a new entry under the client's History tab? Or did you mean to say that when you enter data into these fields? Also, what version of ACT! are you using? And, if you have multiple users using a shared database, is this happening with other users as well?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Fields with automatic upper case 1st letter become lower case when recording a new item in history

Hi Greig,

Thanks for your reply.  I am using a stand-alone (single user) version of ACT! 2009.  To clarify:

When I create a new contact and fill in relevant contact fields, I enter all lower-case letters in fields that have a drop-down list (eg. these fields: Title, City & ID/Status).  When I tab to the next field, the 1st letter in the previous field (with drop-down list) becomes capitalized (as it should).  In addition, I sometimes enter some key notes in a custom field.  Then, in the History tab, when I click the icon that allows me to record a history item (eg. call completed), the fields with drop-down lists revert to all lower-case, and the notes that I entered in my custom contact field disappear. 

This has only been happening recently.  I have been using ACT! since 1994-1995.

Derek