Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fields that calculate

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Fields that calculate

I can't find how to (if, in fact, you can) set up a field to make calculations.  As a basic example, if I want to:  FieldA + FieldB = FieldC.  Or: if FieldA=?? then FieldB = X, else FieldB = Y.

Crackers

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Crackers.eh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Fields that calculate

The addon I liked most is AbacusCalculatedFields      http://www.actpresentation.com/main.shtml

Next to a clear structure it allows you to use  any kind of VisualBasic calculations

and even inserting of nested IF..ENDIF and CASE constructs. It will "autorun" on the

currently displayed record if any of the fields mentioned in the calc changes its value.

The help file is juiced up with pretty good examples.

You can use a   /*comment   line for each calculation, so if you need it

you can save and print the XML formula file and store it on paper for documentation.

The most important functionality (often overlooked by software vendors)...

If you don't like it - it can be deinstalled without leaving any garbage on your PC !

best regards,

Martin Glueckmann
ACT since 1995 for 40+ user teams in
Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

durkincomputing.com   ask Jim. he has addon alreay built.

shawn

Platinum Elite Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Crackers.eh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

The addon I liked most is AbacusCalculatedFields      http://www.actpresentation.com/main.shtml

Next to a clear structure it allows you to use  any kind of VisualBasic calculations

and even inserting of nested IF..ENDIF and CASE constructs. It will "autorun" on the

currently displayed record if any of the fields mentioned in the calc changes its value.

The help file is juiced up with pretty good examples.

You can use a   /*comment   line for each calculation, so if you need it

you can save and print the XML formula file and store it on paper for documentation.

The most important functionality (often overlooked by software vendors)...

If you don't like it - it can be deinstalled without leaving any garbage on your PC !

best regards,

Martin Glueckmann
ACT since 1995 for 40+ user teams in
Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux

Will these work if I want to make a calculation in the add/edit product window? Very much like the way the discount field recalculates the adjusted price field.

Basically, I want to input my cost of a product, then have the software calculate a field called "Loaded cost" using a fix formula of  cost x 1.07, then have it calculate the "Price" using a formula of 'loaded cost'/ (1-.20).  The .20 is my markup and would need to be an adjustable number as I don't get 20% on everything I sell.