Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fields don't update after data import

Tuned Listener

Fields don't update after data import

Hello,

We upgraded last month from ACT 2006 to ACT Pro 2012.  I used to be able to import a .txt file at the beginning of every month that would update YTD and LYTD sales numbers into user fields on the user field tab.  The fields do not seem to be updating though and I have verified that the mapping is correct.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Amy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Fields don't update after data import

The import merge, according to the knowledge base, is only supposed to be able to update fields that are empty ... but fields that already had data
Tuned Listener

Very strange.  It worked flawlessly in ACT 2006.  The .txt import would also update a change in contact name or the name of a sales rep if a territory changed...basically anything that had a change on the .txt file.  The sales info fields were also used on custom reports.  Seems like a huge step backwards.

Hello Amy,
If you choose the Merge option, only empty fields that are mapped during the import will be populated; to replace data in mapped fields, you would need to choose the "Replace with source contact" option. Prior to the import, make sure duplicate checking is on and set up correctly.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Thanks, I will do that.  Do notes, activities, etc. remain intact?

Thanks,

Amy

Notes and Histories do Merge.
But it will replace all the fields from the source in the contact ... eg if you have fields in ACT! not in the source, you can lose the data
Tuned Listener

Ok, all seems to be updated and intact.

Thank you!!