Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Field list in Word 2002 not showing

Field list in Word 2002 not showing

I have Microsoft Word 2002 and ACT! 2008 and I've always used Word as my document/template editor and now it doesn't work. The ACT! drop down menu does show up in Word but none of the commands work. Any suggestions?
Tuned Listener

Re: Field list in Word 2002 not showing

I've had the same problem, no merge fields in word, so I have to use Act! as my processor

Nickel Super Contributor

Hi,

There are a couple of things that will need to be done to the resolve this.

Close out of ACT and Word

There are two files on the ACT install cd that will need to be ran. Those are the LockBackRegKey.msi file and the ExtensibilityMSM.msi file. You can find those on the ACT cd under the dependencies folder

****** The next step requires editing the registry, so it is very important to procede cautiously. *****

Once those files have been both been ran, go to Start / Run and type in Regedit. Once inside the registry, go to H_Key_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Add-ins. Under the Add-ins key you will see a listing for the ACT Addin, highlight that and in the right column, verify that the LoadBehavior is set to 3. If it is not, right click on LoadBehavior and select Modify. Change the value from 2 to 3.

Once the key has been modified, close the registry editor and test ACT/Word

Wow!  It worked!  Thanks a lot!

I'm having troubles with the Outlook integration features too.  Is there some easy fix like this to make those features start working as well?
Nickel Super Contributor

What kind of issues are you having? Are you getting error messages?
Copper Elite Contributor

This was a lifesaver for me. Thanks!
Geoffrey B. Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Buffalo, NY
ACT!
SageCRM
GoldMine
SQL Certifications

The ExtensibilityMSM.msi is not in my dependencies folder.  Although I am using ACT 2009.  Would I find it somewhere else??

Copper Contributor

do not have a ExtensibilityMSM.msi on CD.

Platinum Super Contributor

Here is an article with steps for resolving the issue of the Field List not showing in Word:  KB Article 13569

It contains the extensibilitymsm.msi file, should you need to use it.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Using Word 2002 w/ Act 2009 and have it set as my word processor. After doing the checks, I do not see the Word\Addins\ACTOfficeAddIn.Connect in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office. How do I get it in there? Everything else seems ok.