Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Field inside Text Box not working

Astute Commentator

Field inside Text Box not working

I am creating a template for a contract. Within the template I am trying to put a field inside a text box. The amount of text in some of the fields varies quite a bit and the only way I can figure out how to not have the format of the whole thing get all screwed up is to put the field inside a text box. This method seems to work quite well when I do it in word, but when I try it in an ACT template the only thing that shows up is the field name. For example the field name is "legal description' and what is actually in that field is 

"Reservoir Hills, Columbia Heights, Anola County. Minnesota the N 165 Ft of the E 1/2 of Lot 41 Blk 3 Reservoir Hills According to the Plat Thereof on file and of Recod in and for the Said City"

If I insert the field into the body of the word document the entire description comes up just as one would expect, but if I insert the field <legal description> into a text box then what shows up in the text box is" <legal description>" and not the actual wording as it should.

Any ideas of why this is happening and how to fix it or deal with it?

Thanks,

Alan

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Field inside Text Box not working

Working as designed. What you are trying to do isn't supported.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Astute Commentator

Re: Field inside Text Box not working

Thanks for the info. Not at all what I wanted to hear........

Is there some sort of work around?

Alan