Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Field Security

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Field Security

I am using Act2007 and am the only user (administrator).

I would like to protect certain fields such that they cannot be inadvertently changed by me. I am aware of the Field Security option, but this would not work as I am the administrator and have full access rights (I cannot give up these rights and change myself to a user).

I am thinking of protection the way Worksheets and Cells in Microsoft Office Excel can be protected (password protected). So if I wanted to change a specific field in Act, I would have to manually enter a password to do so.

Suggestions welcome.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ardeshir
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

Re: Field Security

That could work, it wouldn't be interactive like the password app, but may still accomplish the goal of warning the user before data changes.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

View solution in original post

All Replies
Employee

With the default functionality I'm not aware of a way to accomplish this.

There are field triggers that are capable of launching external programs when the values of a particular field is changed, but the app that gets launched would probably need to be a custom one that accepts a password and retains the changes if the pword is correct.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Hello,

Thanks for that. The auto-launch of a programme may well be an option, say a .txt file with a warning message.

Thank you for that.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ardeshir
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

That could work, it wouldn't be interactive like the password app, but may still accomplish the goal of warning the user before data changes.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Exactly. I think thats a viable option. Thanks once again.